Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Postconventional level of Kohlberg's moral theory

I think that Catholic priest exhibit the postconventional level of moral reasoning as they live completely celebrate lives. They don't give in to their pleasures, and they try not to follow norms for their decision-making. The priest I am thinking about personally is my priest back home in Oklahoma. Although he is no longer the pastor at my church, I can think of times where I have seen him exhibit post conventional moral reasoning. When he does many masses for several occasions like weddings, baptisms, and daily mass all in one week, I can see him looking tired. Yet he still chooses to go bless the sick whenever they call, no matter how tired he is, no matter what time of day they call.

No comments:

Post a Comment