Monday, November 21, 2011

Bounded Relationship



When I was an elementary and middle school student, I went to a very small, private school. My 8th grade graduating class had only 6 students. Then, when I transferred to high school with a class size of 215 and eventually college with about 7,000 classmates, I realized that those 5 other classmates in my younger years  most likely would not have been my chosen friends in a much larger school. At the time, we seemed like best friends. But after going to high school and meeting so many people with more similarities to myself, I realized that in middle school we were forced to be in the same class together under a bounded relationship causing this sense of friendship. Now, my 5 seemingly close childhood classmates and I hardly communicate with each other. But as the transition from high school to college occurred, there was further fraction between my old friends and my newfound friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment